Welcome home to Coastal High School (CHS), a tuition-free public charter high school, where students engage in real world application, are known by name, and practice leadership skills every day.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach near the Market Common, CHS is open to all high school students in Horry and Georgetown Counties. Small class sizes, project-based learning, and personalized instruction are just a few things that set us apart from the rest. Students can earn over 24 hours of college credit while leaving behind the challenges that come from large school environments.
Employment and Contracted Opportunities
CHS is actively seeking passionate, purposeful, and professional educators who genuinely want to be working in and contribute to a school with the ethos and perspective of CHS, which:
- Emphasizes innovative instruction through a project-driven, mastery performance-based assessment and formative evaluation model;
- Supports student ownership, empowerment, and personal responsibility;
- Values, encourages, and expects culturally responsive teaching;
- Commits to service learning and community outreach and connections.
- Smaller class sizes
- Competitive salaries
- Greater autonomy and freedom
- An appreciation for diversity
- Relevant and engaging professional development
- Close-knit atmosphere
- Supportive administration
- If you are a retired teacher in South Carolina, your salary at CHS will not count toward the $10, 000 cap!
- 403(b) program with up to a 3 percent employer match
- SC Insurance benefits
Current Openings (July 2023)
- Archery Coach
- Substitute Teacher